This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

I know most of you don't 'read' the comments section..9th/Phonte my opinion on it.

Since I know most of you don't realize that there is even a comment section here and/or read them, I will take the time to repost my opinion in a post. Why? Did you REALLY JUST ASK ME WHY? As much as I endure ya'lls opinion on things that are 'not your business' like the Tiger shit, the Jesse James thing, or whatever 'scandals' come out? Please. Spare me the 'high road thing' this morning because of 'ties we may all have to the artists involved'. Hasn't stopped you before.


Matter of fact, let me just address this right now for future reference. We have ALL spoken on things that don't have anything to do with 'our lives'/are none of our business. All day long my Twitter feed/Facebook timeline/and message board screens are full of 'half lies'/opinions/factual lies and the whole nine yards in regards to an array of topics/people we don't know personally. It happens offline as well. So don't go getting tender on me now 'cause it is an artist that we both may happen to know or like.

Phonte is human....

Yes! This just in. They are BOTH human so no one is without flaws but that doesn't have shit to do with the price of tea in China right now.


Going in on people we may know personally.....


I have seen you guys go in on people I have known FOR 20 PLUS YEARS SINCE WE WERE YOUNG (Grouchy Greg & Jayson Rodriguez come to mind IMMEDIATELY) and said NOTHING. Why? 'Cause it is your opinion. I happen to know both of them and KNOW THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT MUSIC THAN MOST OF YOU. I don't say shit when you shit on their opinions/get personal with the attacks or none of that bullshit. I operate under the assumption that if we are 'e-cool'/real life cool/whatever, that I have deemed you one of sane body and mind. That you probably have some reasons, unbeknown to me, why you feel how you feel. I may not AGREE BUT I CAN RESPECT IT. Not hard for me to do actually. I can't tell you how you feel about them (or any other situation) and your interactions WITH HIM. Or how you perceive any of the people that I may know. It is a waste of time to them. I appreciate the passion though and can understand it. I just know for me, it would be a waste of time to do so. I will be referencing this post for future reference just so you know..as I won't be saying this too many more damm times.


Back to my opinion though on the whole 9th/Phonte thing. My apologies to those of you who do read the comments/follow me on Twitter and actually already know how I feel about it.




My opinion..


How am I supposed to come back behind that! lol @ Assertive.

Seriously, I just think the BEST thing would be for everyone not to speak on it anymore. Period. Yes, people are gonna ask but no more words. No slick comments about 'It isn't me..." or none of that shit. Like you, I feel like if the truth isn't out there and I don't like what you are saying, I'mma tell the truth. Obviously, in this situation, the truth is deep. Deeper than 9th wants to get into. Cool. QUIT BRINGING THAT SHIT UP THEN. No rap for it. Otherwise, people like us are gonna have some sort of opinion. Like I told my friend on Twitter, he doesn't 'owe' us anything. But that isn't going to stop one from drawing conclusions due to the bitchiness of the behavior he is exhibiting by taking snipes. Which he has done. His whole suggests that. Almost on some 'If you knew the real Phonte' type shit. Spill it then but don't threaten me with a good time, don't tell me and THEN TO BOOT tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I mean, I have had disagreements and the unspoken rule is we just don't speak on it. Too much personal info to be running around all nilly willy with it taking shots. On both sides. I see this the same way.

Now the NOSY side of me wants to know. I can't lie about that but I know that the nosy side IS NOT CORRECT. (See how I did that?) The correct thing to do is for them not to speak on each other ever again. Period. No innuendos. No sneak disses. Nothing but love or nothing at all. Sounds like they have unfinished business though. Which is just that. Their unfinished business. I am just glad that he spoke on it a little bit so he wouldn't be doing the same passive aggressive thing. Right or wrong. He spoke on his side. We all pretty much know there are three sides to every story. Yours. Theirs. The truth. We may not know the truth in this one and it is okay. We will live. It is nice to have some pieces though.


@ Steph. You are correct as usual. Yeah, the Cap in me feels him. lol Might not ever get responded to and that is his right. @ 9th. But to keep 'hinting their is more' and then not saying what that more is...is..well....shady. At least to me at this point. Early on? Cool. Now? Just address it. Not NECESSARILY in public either. Just with Phonte and then having Phonte say "We good.." would be cool to me. We don't even need to know 'what' is going on @ the actual underlying issue. Just that they are good or at least agree to respect each other. Otherwise, the comments from fans and critics alike will continue to flow. It is clear neither one of them want that to happen or it wouldn't be getting addressed.

I don't want them fighting. Personal experiences and feelings aside. Nothing is gained by them bickering at the end of the day. Musically, they will not be working together it seems so we ALL SHOULD BE GETTING OVER IT. I have. I did a long time ago. Had a great run and all still make great music.



I always wanted to ask him but NEVER DID. Not in all my days of speaking to him. Wasn't my place. Still isn't my place. @ Phonte.


I will add to that comment. 'Cause I can. That's why. I also never asked 9th about why they broke up. EVER. I always felt it was unfair to ask either of them in a public timeline about that 'cause if they REALLY WANTED US TO KNOW, they would say. Now since it got DISCUSSED in a public forum by BOTH OF THEM, I spoke on it and what it appeared to be to me. That is it. I got passionate about it because I have my OWN reasons for feeling like I do and they are based on interactions/encounters with each. I don't proclaim to KNOW EITHER ONE OF THEM THOUGH on a personal level like I do the two people I named up top. Lets be clear. I DO have a relationship with one of them though and from what I know, he strikes me as genuine. I have told him when I didn't agree with him TOO! He didn't go getting 'tender' on me.

I don't know the other person but through a couple interactions. That is all I have to go by. If you know him (or Phonte), PERSONALLY GREAT. I am sure he is a great person. I don't hate him or no shit like that. I don't know him to hate him. I just think he is wrong in this case. That is all. Unlike most of you, I won't be calling him names (or outta his name) or no mess like that. That is that 5th grade shit to me. Again, like I said up top though, I have seen you guys do it though but don't get me fucked up with you. I am not YOU. I am me. I like the guy's music and in the end, that is all I need from him. The music. Actually from all three of the parties involved. If they never make music together again, I hold no malice towards them about it. At all. I appreciate what they gave and K.I.M. That's just me though. It was just my take on the situation. They owe me nothing and I owe them nothing at the end of the day. Believe that and that shit works like I-95 my nig. North and South. Both ways. Understand that Jack.

Questions? Good. Lets go....


Share:

1 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

Ditto.

These guys personal issues have nothing to do with me so I'm not drawing a line in the sand and standing on one particular side. I will STILL listen to Phonte's music and anything 9thWonder is affiliated with. If either of them started making craptastic music, THEN, I will tell you who I prefer musically. Until that day comes (which I don't think it will), I look at it as two humans not getting along for the time being...which doesn't affect me at all.

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...