This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

I am not mad. They would have no runners...Sproles tendered.


They would lose a returner. Besides, they can STILL draft a runner. I am not sure if I can see another team ponying up for his services at the rate they are asking though. So it looks like he will be staying.

Link

The San Diego Chargers changed their minds and placed the first- and-third-round tender on running back Darren Sproles on Thursday, the team announced.


Uncapped Year: What to Know

An uncapped NFL offseason brings with it many new rules for players and teams. ESPN.com's John Clayton explains why. Story

A week ago, the team said it would not tender Sproles, allowing him to become a free agent. On Thursday, they decided they couldn't afford to lose Sproles after releasing LaDainian Tomlinson.

Sproles would earn $7.2897 million in 2010 if he signs the tender. The Chargers would have seven days to match an offer if a team tries to sign him.

If it doesn't match, San Diego would receive a first- and a third-round draft choice from the team that signs him.

Last year, the Chargers kept Sproles by placing the franchise tag on him at $6.6 million.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...