This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

DonWill guest blogger for XXL...


It is good to see Donwill get some recognition. Go peep it.


http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=73408
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?cat=5889


Here is a tidbit from the blog entry about his solo album..


If there is anything to know about Tanya Morgan it should be that we are a group of solo artists. We didn’t expect to find recognition via an oddly named group with a woman on the album cover. Nah, we did that as an inside joke thinking that someday a Donwill fan would pick it up via hearsay and be blown away by the fact that there was this entire album recorded with Von Pea and Ilyas. Guess we ended up getting the order backwards; but who says you get to decide how the hands of fate choose to handle your life?

So here I sit being the first out the crew with an official retail release. We have all had solo albums drop since our introduction. Hell, I’ve had three of them myself, it’s just that none of them were ever released on this scale.

The biggest challenge in making this album, Tanya Morgan Presents: Don Cusack in High Fidelity, was handling everything single handedly from start to finish. From coordinating the cameos to sequencing the tracks, it was definitely one of the biggest undertakings of my career and to this day, stands as one of the most exhilarating things that I’ve ever done. Typically, Von Pea handles all of the musical grunt work leaving me to simply be able to enjoy the final product but on this go-round, it was all me.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...