This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 (Verizon) semi review

This review pretty much sums up my experience with my new Storm...





"If you were holding off on buying a Storm because of the phone's massive bugs and poor media syncing, you can now go pick one up with more confidence. RIM has fixed those problems and added the App World store for a solid third-party app experience. If you were holding off because you don't like the Storm's unique and unusual click-touch screen, well, I can't help you there."

I had heard so many bad things about it that I was almost tempted not to get it. I am glad I did not do that. I had tested out the phone and encountered those things too when it first came out but Verizon promised to fix them. And they did. It runs really smooth. The APP World joint is a jewel. I happen to like the click screen..


"A bit of honesty: I hate, hate, hate entering text on the iPhone. I really prefer having some sort of physical feedback to be sure that I've pressed a key. And the Storm gives me that feedback—with a real, solid click. If you're like me, this might be the first touch screen you actually love."

This was my issue with the I-Phone. All five I-Phones that I had a chance to 'play around on' had me SUPER FRUSTRATED WITH THE TEXT ENTERING. I got no confirmation of the keys I was hitting and entered things all wrong. Not so much with my Storm. It is DOES take some getting used to @ the system BUT once you figure out how to do it, it good. You just have to figure out which hand to use to type which letters. There is a half way point on the QWERTY keyboard that you must respect. If you do that, you won't be making many text errors.

"The decidedly sexy 5.5-ounce Storm is a 4.4-by-2.4-by-0.5-inch (HWD) slab dominated by a 3.3-inch, 360-by-480-pixel touch screen, which is capacitive, meaning it detects the electricity from your fingers, and transflective, so it's easy to view outdoors in bright light. Below the display are Pick Up and End call buttons, a Back button, and the familiar BlackBerry menu key. On the sides of the handset, you'll find Camera, Volume, and a programmable multifunction button. Mute and lock buttons are on the top panel. The phone's metal back is home to the speakerphone and the camera."

This is my favorite part. I just love the way the phone looks! It is just a PRETTY phone and real slick. I have mine wrapped up in a Otter Case so it is not as slim as it was when I got it but the case is the bomb too. I can touch the screen without 'touching the screen' if you get what I am saying. It shows up something serious even in bright sunlight. The pics look great, the Web works well, and like all BBs I have all the things I would have if I were on a computer minus FLASH of course. Even those sites that require FLASH usually have some sort of app that allows me to view them so I am good there too!


So far, I am enjoying the fun. We will see what else comes down the pike for the phone even though they have a new one coming out really soon.



RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 (Verizon)

Shared via AddThis
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...