This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

My new favorite thing about J.Cole...

He can keep a secret. You see, he knew (obviously) that he had a chance to be on the Blue Print 3 but said nothing. Matter of fact, he didn't even SPEAK about recording with Hov. He speaks on his new album and is being tight lipped about that as well. Not that he is the only artist that has ever done that but in the age of everything 'getting out of the bag early', it is kinda refreshing.

"Complex: How was your anticipation for people to hear it?

J. Cole: Oh, man, it was huge. And I couldn’t say shit, cause I was like, who am I to start leaking information? So i just kept quiet about it. And people were always asking me like, “Yo, you on The Blueprint? Oh, man, he got X,Y,Z on there and you not on there? That’s fucked up!” I’m just sitting back like, Ahhh. I wanted to tell people so bad, but it made it all worth it in the end. And I knew he was recording so many songs, I wasn’t even sure if my shit was going to make it.

Complex: What’d you do the day you found out you were on the album?

J. Cole: We went and celebrated, dog. We was getting drunk [laughs]. It was like a big celebration, it was almost as big as the celebration for when i got signed, it was just one of those moments. There are very few moments when i just sit back like, Wow. That was one of those “wow” moments. Then the day the song leaked and I got to hear it. You know I didn’t hear the song…

Complex: Word?

J. Cole: The day I left the studio was the last time I heard it until the day it leaked. He gave me the last little drop on the song, if you listen it’s like, “J. Cole…” He was like, “Yeah, that’s your compensation for not bringing this home [laughs]."

Read more of his Complex Interview HERE:

In case you missed it, I spoke on J. Cole earlier in the blog: http://thewarehous.blogspot.com/search/label/J.%20Cole.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...