This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

Oh really now? My boy in L.A? @ Allen Iverson

As you know, or SHOULD KNOW, I am a HUGE AI fan. I don't want him in Memphis but if that happens so be it. I would prefer him in Miami but THEN AGAIN, that I have been around AI in Miami. I don't know if I want him THERE either. lol I don't want nothing happening that could cause him to miss time on the court. Now I hear L.A (The Clippers) are in the mix. HEAVY. Oh boy, this is getting good. Him and Baron? With Blake and Thorton? Interfuckinesting....


http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4325388&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4325388


Updated: July 13, 2009, 8:44 PM ET


The makeover of the Los Angeles Clippers may include a former scoring champion.

The team is in "very serious" talks with Allen Iverson on a contract, the Los Angeles Times reported on Monday. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported on Sunday that the Memphis Grizzlies have been pursuing Iverson, but owner Michael Heisley thought the Miami Heat had the inside track. The Charlotte Bobcats were also reported to have interest.

Iverson is a 10-time All-Star who has led the league in scoring four times. He has averaged 23.5 points and 5.4 assists per game over his 13 seasons but posted a career low 17.4 ppg average last season.

A bad back limited Iverson to 57 games last season between the Denver Nuggets and Detroit Pistons. He was also embroiled in controversy when he bristled at coming off the bench for Detroit.

The Clippers may be prepared to offer their full mid-level exception of $5.8 million on a one-year contract. The Grizzlies are reportedly willing to offer something in the same neighborhood, but the Heat are thought to be interested in paying him less than half of that figure.

The Clippers drafted Blake Griffin with the first overall pick in this year's NBA draft. They also traded forward Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies for swingman Quentin Richardson.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...