This is just a place to give my thoughts so that they do not eat me alive. I may post about my Life, music, sports or whatever I feel like.

2009 NBA Draft

In the midst of MJ's passing, all my posts (and thoughts) on the NBA Draft were put on hold. I will get into it a 'lil bit' now...

First and foremost, you can't blame the Clippers for taking Blake Griffin. I mean he is a machine. He may not end up being the best player in the World but him and Al Thorton, Eric Gordon, along with a healthy Baron Davis should be pretty entertaining to watch.

Thabeet going second is not that much of a surprise. I guess people thought Rubio was going there and it would have been a place where he would have actually 'welcomed' coming to the L (more on that in a minute) with Marc Gasol playing there. You can't fault them though. They wanted a defensive presence. They got one. He won't be scoring like that though. Also, as good as Dajuan Blair was/is and the way he got DOMINATED by him makes me worry about how he will play down there in the post against grown men. Still has a lot of growing to do then again he has not been playing basketball for that long.

James Harden. This one shocked me not because I did not think he deserved to go this high. I thought someone would screw it up and not take him this high as in the Top 5. He deserved to be taken this high. He can PLAY. Simple player. Simply effective. Period.

Tyreke Evans. He is a Philly area player through and through. Looks methodical yet is surprisingly quick. Heady player. When he puts his mind to it, his basketball intelligence shines through. Big guard at 6'5 and can play point. May end up a two though or a Joe Johnson type of player in time. Pairing him with Garcia and Martin could be a pleasant problem for the Kings. Gives them another over 6'4 ball handler who can create his own scoring. Needs to work on decision making and putting his 'mind to playing correctly' at all times.

Ricky Rubio. Flashy player. They have built him up so much that the boy might not be able to live up to it. He is young though so he can grow. Good passer. Not a good shooter. Would love to see him stay and play this year. Talks are that he won't stay per his Dad. I can't blame him. They took three guards and only traded one. One of the guards they took can play. Flat out. He probably won't stay though because of...

...Jonny Flynn. He is going to take the aforementioned Rubio's minutes. He just has 'it' to me. He is not a true point per say but can play like one if need be. He is just an assassin man. He GOES AT HIS MAN with a tenacity like on other. A cold blooded scorer. Finishes at the rim stronger than you think. I like him. He has heart.

Stephen Curry. My boy! Not bad for a kid 'no one' paid attention to coming outta high school and who went to a small school. Projected to go to New York (and really wanted to go there too!) he STILL fits in with Nellie's small ball concept. Him and Monta Ellis together? With Corey Maggette? Really? Interesting! He can play off the ball like Monta can and they can take turns bringing the ball up. Defensive liabilities you say? Aren't you the same person that said they do not play D in the League ANYWAY?? Yeah. Thought so. They will simply try to outscore everyone. Won't win a chip (at least it hasn't worked yet) but IT WILL BE FUN TO WATCH. For sure. Good pick Nellie!!!!


More draft picks and stuff like that to come later as their season does not kick off for awhile. There is still going to be plenty of movement. Watch!


Vince Carter goes home to Florida? Bye Hedo! Nice seeing you in the Sunshine State. Go get your money.

Shaq to Cleveland? Oh wow. Just wow. Him and Z on the same team? Can you say High/Low offense? Should be fun.
Share:

0 comments:

Contact

November 18th, 2023. Still being able to have joy for others.

Her death never took that from me.  Losing my Mama and Daddy never took this from me.  Life hasn't taken this away from me. Bitter exes ...